Service Specific Terms
Posted: May 19, 2020
Effective as of January 28th, 2021
EZ2SIGN (END-USER AND WEB APP)
- Service Description. Ez2sign is an electronic signature service that allows Customers to display, deliver, acknowledge, store, and electronically sign documents.
- Authentication. A person signing a document via Ez2sign must either have an Ez2sign account or have received a request for a signature in their email account.
- Audit Trails. Documents completed in Ez2sign include an audit trail that contains information that helps track your document through its lifecycle. This information includes, but is not limited to, unique document ID generated by Ez2sign, email addresses of the sender and recipient(s), IP addresses of the sender and recipient(s), and track events (such as date, time, and located when the following events occur – document uploaded, document viewed, document removed, a document sent, a document signed, decline to sign, signer email address updated, signer access code authenticated, signature request cancelled).
- Service Description. Ez2sign Application Programming Interface (“Ez2sign API”) allows customers to easily integrate or embed the Ez2sign electronic signature solution into its application or workflow, creating a clean, branded, and seamless online experience allowing users to complete legally binding agreements or transactions with your company and/or their customers.
- Authentication. To the extent that Customer elects to use the Ez2sign API to enable embedded features on Customer Properties, Customer is required to authenticate the identity of each signer/end-user through email confirmation or such other means that Ez2sign may approval in its sole discretion. The customer is solely responsible and liable for such authentication and will indemnify, defend and hold Ez2sign harmless against any claim related to such authentication.
- Signature Requests. A “Signature Request” is the transaction that takes place when the Customer initiates a new signature process and make a corresponding call to the Ez2sign APIs. For example, if you call “signature_request/send” to send out documents for signature, this will constitute one (1) Signature Request. Note that a single Signature Request can be used to gather signatures from multiple signers in cases where they are all involved in the same contract.
- API Keys. In order to use the Ez2sign APIs, the Customer must obtain its unique API credentials (an “API Key”) via the registration process. The customer is solely responsible for all activity associated with its API Key, regardless of whether it has knowledge of such activity. Customer must not share its API Key with any third party, shall keep such API Key secure, and shall use it as Customer’s sole means of accessing the Ez2sign API.
a. Limits. Customers can make up to 100 requests per minute for standard API requests, and 25 requests per minute for higher tier API requests. In test mode, the Customer can do 10 requests per minute. Collectively the above are “Transaction Limits.” Please contact our sales department if you wish to increase your Transaction Limits.
b. Rate Limits. Ez2sign may be required to limit or suspend your use of the Ez2sign APIs when such suspension or limited are necessary to prevent harm or liability to other customers/individuals or to preserve the security, stability, availability, or integrity of the Ez2sign Services.
- Properties. Only those Customer Properties that have been approved by Ez2sign may access and use the Service. Ez2sign reserves the right to reject any Customer Property, for any reason, in its sole discretion, including but not limited to ensure that you comply with the Terms and the Accept Use Policy. Furthermore, you will ensure that the Customer Properties contain terms of service and privacy policies that are consistent with the terms of this Agreement.
- API Restrictions. You agree that you will not (and will not permit any third party to) directly or indirectly: (a) create an API client that functions substantially the same as the Ez2sign APIs; (b) make any use of the Ez2sign APIs for any purpose independent of the Customer Properties; (c) misrepresent the source or ownership of the Ez2sign APIs or remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices, falsify or delete any author attributions, legal notices, or other labels of the origin or source of the Ez2sign APIs; or (d) interfere with or disrupt the Ez2sign APIs or the servers or networks providing the Ez2sign APIs or Service.
- Customer Applications. Customers may use the Ez2sign APIs to develop applications and/or embedded signing experiences for use by Customer or Customer’s clients and their respective end-users (collectively “Customer Applications”). Customer shall be solely responsible for the Customer Applications and shall ensure it has: a) provided its customers, clients, and end-users with the applicable terms (including privacy terms) that authorize Ez2sign to provide the Services hereunder, and b) the proper authority and/or authorization to share user or signer information (including personally identifiable information) with Ez2sign.
THIRD-PARTY INTEGRATIONS / CONNECTORS
- Service Description. Third-Party Integrations help connect Ez2sign with the services you already use to power your business. Some examples of such integrations are EzControl ERP, Google Suite, Microsoft, Oracle, etc.
- Eligibility. To use an Ez2sign integration you must be a customer of Ez2sign and a customer of the service you want to use the integration with. Some integrations may require that you approve the use of such service and/or consent to the transfer of your information/data between Ez2sign and the third-party service.
- Third Party Content and Products. You are solely responsible for the use of such integration, third-party service, and ensuring that you have the proper rights and permissions to share data between Ez2sign and the third-party services. You understand that the Third-Party Integrations may provide Customer with access to Third Party Content and to Third Party Products that may access Customer’s instance of the Ez2sign Services and export, delete or otherwise alter Customer Data (including Customer’s Confidential Information).
- Disclaimer. Ez2sign does not warrant or directly support third-party integrations, Third Party Content, Third Party Products (whether or not these items are designated by Ez2sign as “powered”, “verified” or otherwise) and disclaims all responsibility and liability for these items and their access to the Ez2sign Services, including their modification, deletion, disclosure, or collection of Customer Data.